Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PACCAR ECM
Has anyone taken the ecm appart. We are trying to get the cover off. Heated it and pry on it and boy its not easy. I spoke with another guy and he said it was a bear but was just checking to see if anyone else has done this.
(03-15-2018, 06:53 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: Has anyone taken the ecm appart. We are trying to get the cover off. Heated it and pry on it and boy its not easy. I spoke with another guy and he said it was a bear but was just checking to see if anyone else has done this.

Good question, they are indeed a pain in the @$$. Let me first ask why are you taking it apart? These ECMs are usually pretty solid. If you're having an issue with it being stuck in boot mode just change rev number to match and cycle power to the ECM.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY, kwdriver
flashed with kess then it lost the data link side of ecm and will not run. Also will not read anymore. Was told if I open it up we can use ktag to flash it back and start over.
(03-15-2018, 07:04 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: flashed with kess then it lost the data link side of ecm and will not run. Also will not read anymore. Was told if I open it up we can use ktag to flash it back and start over.

Yes, you can go that route if using KESS. Otherwise you will need to replace the ECM. If you have access to DAVIE4 or higher you should be able to restore the ECM to stock boot loader and application partition.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY
Well its at peterbilt and was told by them they can not restore it.
(03-15-2018, 07:08 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: Well its at peterbilt and was told by them they can not restore it.

I have yet to lose a paccar ECM. Maybe dealer doesn't know how to restore to stock firmware? Some dealers only have a certain access level with DAVIE. The larger dealers in metropolitan areas where they do training usually have higher access levels. Just speaking from past experiences.
So do you know how to restore with kess?
(03-15-2018, 07:13 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: So do you know how to restore with kess?

Yes but in the past I've had to get the specific file from the dealer. I have a dealer less than 15 minutes from me and I have a buddy who works there. I've gotten lucky. Were you able to get the ECM apart? Are you doing a rec pin flash?
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY
No sir I was not able to get it apart yet. ANd yes I was going to pin it out with Ktag...But if you think we can do it on the truck that would be good to. Dont mind paying for you help...I have the original read file from kess.
(03-15-2018, 07:19 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: No sir I was not able to get it apart yet. ANd yes I was going to pin it out with Ktag...But if you think we can do it on the truck that would be good to. Dont mind paying for you help...I have the original read file from kess.

What's the VIN? You can PM me it if you want. I don't need any money. I don't suppose you have DAVIE installed?
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY