Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PACCAR ECM
ok sent pm
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ISXCUMMINSGUY for this post:
  • Lucifer
Have you fixed your ECM, it happened to me years ago when I started the Paccar deletes, I had to open it up and flash with Ktag, then only i was able to communicate and flash it back to stock, it was a pain to get the cover off due to the glue around the 3 connectors, but doable if you take your time and make some tools to help you, pls note the connectors edges are very thin and fragile and if you put pressure on them will break and won't seal against the harness connector.
Thanks for you guys advise on this . I was able to find someone who lead me in the right direction and was able to open them up so that we was able to save it....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ISXCUMMINSGUY for this post:
  • Lucifer
(03-24-2018, 05:57 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: Thanks for you guys advise on this . I was able to find someone who lead me in the right direction and was able to open them up so that we was able to save it....

I'm glad you got it worked out. I will have unlocked copy of DAVIE in a week, lmk if you still need it.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • erre11, ISXCUMMINSGUY, Lakesidetrucks
(03-24-2018, 09:45 PM)Lucifer Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:57 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: Thanks for you guys advise on this . I was able to find someone who lead me in the right direction and was able to open them up so that we was able to save it....

I'm glad you got it worked out. I will have unlocked copy of DAVIE in a week, lmk if you still need it.

A little off topic but regarding paccar ecms.  Is there anyway to downgrade FW with these things?  We have a F series software level and the delete is making all sorts of problems.  It appears finding someone to make this properly without being bent over is easier said than done.  

Frankie
Like i said in an earlier post, i had this happened on an earlier version of firmware, R07 i think, PMCI ecm. Now have a PCI ecm for a common rail, not sure what firmware was in it as i got it in this state, no communication, i tried to write a file that has been read from a god known ecm but it gives me an error "Micro protection removal error" anybody can guide me please what could be wrong? thanks in advance
Keep trying.. When it says key off or key on. Do it right away. No delay. I had one gave me all kind of error. Micro protection wake error security key locked. Eventually worked. Weird and scary seeing it all
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sp33d for this post:
  • kamiar
I have a Paccar ECM off of a 2016 model that another tuner apparently tried to load a different software version and now I am not able to flash with Davie or KESS. Also dont have access to the original file. Does anyone have a way to fix this?
you will need to open it and write a new file to it with ktag.  You can get it close by getting the same SW level then once its hooks to davie reflash it properly.  They are terrible to open.

Uni
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Unilevers for this post:
  • ghostman, RenoX
Anyone have any reading of a 2014 paccar with ktag?