Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
389 peterbilt pto light
I have a 2018 389 peterbilt with a cummis X15 engine.. i have ask every one and every shop i know with no help... so here it goes... where is the wire i need to hock to the pto to make the pto light in the dash to come on.. thanks... barrbee
I moved this thread into the appropriate forum. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to webmaster for this post:
  • kwdriver
(01-24-2018, 06:39 PM)Barrbee Wrote: I have a 2018 389 peterbilt with a cummis X15 engine.. i have ask every one and every shop i know with no help... so here it goes... where is the wire i need to hock to the pto to make the pto light in the dash to come on.. thanks... barrbee

is this a transmission mounted pto? wat do you mean by getting the light on the dash to come on? Did this work previously and just stop working?
Thanks for moving the thread... no light never been hocked up.. the light is in the dash where turn signal lights r... yes its a trany mount pto.. i need to know where the factory wire is to hock to the pto that is mounted on trany thanks
(01-25-2018, 07:33 AM)Barrbee Wrote: Thanks for moving the thread... no light never been hocked up.. the light is in the dash where turn signal lights r... yes its a trany mount pto.. i need to know where the factory wire is to hock to the pto that is mounted on trany thanks

there shold be a cable if it was originally ran. its on top of the tranny next to the reverse switch and it goes through the firewall into the steering column on some trucks.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kwdriver for this post:
  • Zuki
On this 2017 389 I'm staring it it's a wire numbered p105. EI spare which then plugs into a jump harness labeled as pro control
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burrows_03 for this post:
  • kwdriver
(01-25-2018, 04:37 PM)burrows_03 Wrote: On this 2017 389 I'm staring it it's a wire numbered p105. EI spare which then plugs into a jump harness labeled as pro control

OP was this trk custom built \ custom ordered? sometimes they never hook the harness up at all specially if pto was added to the order at a later date.

never herd of p105 where is this harness located?
Left front of cab. In the frame harness.

i just went and looked at a 2012 389 this particular one had a wire zip tied up to harness inside of frame rail. About dead even with middle of batter box.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burrows_03 for this post:
  • kwdriver
Thanks guys when i get home in shop i will look for the wires... i looked every where around left front cab... all i seen was a wire that was marted pto jumper... i will look up on trany by back up switch..
Thanks
If the wire you are talking about runs down to the side of the pto itself that should be the wire you are looking for. It should be a single wire that is a push on connector. When the pto engages that switch on the pto grounds the circuit which turns on the light on in the dash. The switch itself could be bad .?