Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
389 peterbilt pto light
If the wire you are talking about runs down to the side of the pto itself that should be the wire you are looking for. It should be a single wire that is a push on connector. When the pto engages that switch on the pto grounds the circuit which turns on the light on in the dash. The switch itself could be bad .?.(thats the wire i'm looking for) put me and peterbilt dealer can't find it..
Well any dealer has access to build sheet of your truck. Even if it is a glider. All the info they need is on web ecat. They should be able to pull it by vin
My guess is that they never included the cable when they built it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kwdriver for this post:
  • Sensei
ThAts what it's sounding like. To me as well

All else fails find a spare circuit that's keyed hot put a 2 wire bulb to the dash and run the ground to the pto switch. Then run a 2 wire pto. switch with a ground to a bolt in the tranny. And you would have a pto light as well
Ok guys i looked at ever thing u told me to.. my vin is D480177. And no its not a glider... if i know what wire it is in dash i would run wire from pto to the in side of dash.. thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Barrbee for this post:
  • Sensei
(01-27-2018, 03:38 PM)Barrbee Wrote: Ok guys i looked at ever thing u told me to.. my vin is D480177. And no its not a glider...   if i know what wire it is in dash i would run wire from pto to the in side of dash.. thanks

if its still under warranty i would have dealer look at it. they probably forgot to wire it during the build.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kwdriver for this post:
  • Meat-Head, Sensei
just a thought, is there no settings in insite or paccar esa that would enable/disable the pto dash light?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • Meat-Head, Sensei
(01-28-2018, 03:14 AM)cumapart Wrote: just a thought, is there no settings in insite or paccar esa that would enable/disable the pto dash light?

Yes there r setting... i have them ture on.... put with out the wire going to the pto on trany the night does not come on.... i guess i need to call peterbilt and get demanding that it gets fix.. as i said i put pto and pump on so i don't know if that is going to make a different..
(01-28-2018, 10:13 AM)Barrbee Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 03:14 AM)cumapart Wrote: just a thought, is there no settings in insite or paccar esa that would enable/disable the pto dash light?

Yes there r setting... i have them ture on.... put with out the wire going to the pto on trany the night does not come on.... i guess i need to call peterbilt and get demanding that it gets fix.. as i said i put pto and pump on so i don't know if that is going to make a different..

do u have a digital display? does it say PTO on there?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sensei for this post:
  • Meat-Head
(01-28-2018, 03:11 PM)Sensei Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:13 AM)Barrbee Wrote:

do u have a digital display? does it say PTO on there?

Just a light..