Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
calterm units of measure
Hello, can somebody help getting calterm to read in horsepower and torque instead of kw an newton meters? some files i open are sae and some are metric. thank you in advance....
Good Question. BUt I dont think it will do that. I just learned NM etc ...
thanks for the reply. was just wondering why some files were sae and some metric. didn't know if the ecfg had anything to do with the way it displayed. guess ill build a cheat sheet for newton meters.
(04-16-2018, 06:38 PM)T-MAN Wrote: thanks for the reply. was just wondering why some files were sae and some metric. didn't know if the ecfg had anything to do with the way it displayed. guess ill build a cheat sheet for newton meters.

Can share a copy of your cheat sheet?
Somewhere I have a universal unit converter it will just about convert anything I will look and see if I can find it if so I will upload to mega
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burrows_03 for this post:
  • ghostman
Not sure if it will help, but there is a older cool program called "Convert." You can google it and it's on Josh Madison's website. Hope that helps.
Hey guys, find attached for the Convert utility that you are looking for! It's been included with Cummins INCAL or INSITE DVDs before if I recall correctly. Great tool Smile Enjoy!

Attached Files
.txt   Convert.txt (Size: 70 bytes / Downloads: 57)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to ralphpad for this post:
  • ddguy, dexters, JoeOTR, wgp1226
I never made a cheat but here's some math to get it all figured out..
convert newton meters to torque newton meters / 1.356 = torque
convert torque to newton meters torque * 1.356 = newton meters
Here's how to find newton meters for the horsepower you want to achieve at a given rpm, ill use 600hp @ 1600 rpm   (600*7121)=/ 1600 = 2670nm or 1969 torque
Here's the calculation to find your horsepower for a give rpm when you have newton meters already ill use the 2670nm (2670/7121)=*1600 = 600hp
These are handy for adjusting the torque tables that cummins uses NM lol
 Thanks to zero crisis's for the 7121 multiplier ,,,,,
Also for those who don't know * reference multiplication or X  and / is division or divide by... not trying to offend but some may not know... hope this helps.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to T-MAN for this post:
  • MaraJin