Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random info: Running multiple versions of Cummins Calterm simultaneously
Hi,

I and the rest of the programmers have recently learned that you can run multiple versions of Calterm on a single machine by creating a registry key named useStandalone set to 1. You can now install multiple versions at the same time and run each separately on a single machine. Cummins techs I've spoken to currently run 3.17.0 in the field with latest product database & 4.1.1.014. My source mentioned Calterm 3 was designed to be used with all engines up to year 2017. Any older engines will not work properly under Calterm 4+ because Calterm 4+ was created with newer engines in mind. This is also why the regkey exists to run multiple copies at the same time. Cummins uses Calterm to tweak calibrations in field testing, it's really only used for newer engines. They have no reason to use it on older ones hence why its buggy on older engines.

I hope you found this helpful. Just a tut for you guys Smile
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to alphacode for this post:
  • cumapart, Cyrex1337, DeepZero, ghostman, Isrraelito, ivanoliv, kwdriver, Meat-Head, ralphpad, technik9195, wgp1226
I was hoping you would provide the actual location in the Windows Registry  ( for WinXp and Win7 ) where I should create the useStandalone key.
(02-07-2019, 11:48 AM)oscar06271955 Wrote: I was hoping you would provide the actual location in the Windows Registry  ( for WinXp and Win7 ) where I should create the useStandalone key.

I never used nor tested but my best guess would be where Calterm's settings reside in registry.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • ghostman