Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Calterm Dodge BDC
So it should work to convert the bdc xcal to ctz and then load it with the pass thru? Havent been home to try this yet.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Remix_Velozity for this post:
  • Troyzie06
I do all Dodge's via bench flashing now. Haven't had a single problem.
RSA signature can be bypassed and removed directly with Calterm.
After that, it's all free game.

REMEMBER: THE RSA SIGNATURE IS FOUND IN THE BOOTLOADER, NOT THE CALIBRATION ITSELF!

Also - if you end up having one that fails and loses connection, it's not too hard to get it back.
First, kill the power to the ECM. Wait about 30 seconds, and turn back on. J1939 should be back up. (Again, this is why I recommend benching these!!!)
It is probably ROM booted and that's fine. Put module in SEEDED mode and flash with INSITE. It will be alive again.

The Chrysler's have a separate checksum that needs adjusted before flashing as well.
I have made a calculator that will update the checksum by reading the file.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • mechanic1 , sp33d, Troyzie06
I guess it has to be done with calterm5 or older version works 3.17? 4.7?
(05-13-2020, 01:51 AM)zyNoT Wrote: I do all Dodge's via bench flashing now. Haven't had a single problem.
RSA signature can be bypassed and removed directly with Calterm.
After that, it's all free game.

REMEMBER: THE RSA SIGNATURE IS FOUND IN THE BOOTLOADER, NOT THE CALIBRATION ITSELF!

Also - if you end up having one that fails and loses connection, it's not too hard to get it back.
First, kill the power to the ECM. Wait about 30 seconds, and turn back on. J1939 should be back up. (Again, this is why I recommend benching these!!!)
It is probably ROM booted and that's fine. Put module in SEEDED mode and flash with INSITE. It will be alive again.

The Chrysler's have a separate checksum that needs adjusted before flashing as well.
I have made a calculator that will update the checksum by reading the file.

I've saved some ecm's with EFIlive too.
(05-13-2020, 11:18 PM)sp33d Wrote: I guess it has to be done with calterm5 or older version works 3.17? 4.7?
It's better to connect with new protocol as there are less problems (Calterm 4/5) vs the old block by block protocol (Calterm III). However, Calterm 3.17.0 also will connect usually without problems to most Chrysler ECMs provided you have the correct ECFG's/E2m's.

The unlock can be done right in Calterm if you know how to complete a service command. Wink

Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • Lins, sp33d
(05-15-2020, 01:20 AM)zyNoT Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 11:18 PM)sp33d Wrote: I guess it has to be done with calterm5 or older version works 3.17? 4.7?
It's better to connect with new protocol as there are less problems (Calterm 4/5) vs the old block by block protocol (Calterm III). However, Calterm 3.17.0 also will connect usually without problems to most Chrysler ECMs provided you have the correct ECFG's/E2m's.

The unlock can be done right in Calterm if you know how to complete a service command. Wink
I've been exploring the different modes these 2350bs can operate in. I think I'm almost got it, but I'm still experimenting. I kept thinking I'd end up bricking these things kicking these ECM into rom boot, and bootloader too many times. But knowing they can be recovered with different methods is reassuring. Still trying to make sense of all the checksums in these different modes, and the cals. I'm going to feel like an idiot if it's as easy as ticking a couple boxes somewhere in these different modes  Smile

I might just try to scoop a spare 2350b to play with. I'm guessing you can't use a 2350a harness on them, right?
Nope the cm2350b is almost the same .. I forgot the wiring but it is like 1pin over
CM2350B and CM2350A are different harnesses.

Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023