ZEZ AUTO
Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - Printable Version

+- ZEZ AUTO (https://www.zezauto.com)
+-- Forum: Heavy Vehicles (https://www.zezauto.com/Forum-Heavy-Vehicles)
+--- Forum: Heavy Vehicle Tuning (https://www.zezauto.com/Forum-Heavy-Vehicle-Tuning)
+--- Thread: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 (/Thread-Looking-for-ECFG-and-screen-file-for-CM850-5-9L-EC2)

Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - dustyguns - 06-28-2020

I'm looking for the ECF G's and Screen files trying to delete the EGR on an RV

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - dffab - 08-09-2020

Hello,

I am right in the middle of this very thing for the same application. I have had a guy do the Delete to my stock CAL file but i still have 6 codes that i need programmed out. I have swapped out the VGT turbo and removed all the EGR stuff in hopes to have a better running RV. 

I will help you with what i can. 

Maybe others can help with finishing the file i have .

You can PM me any questions. Maybe post your ECM SN and CPL to see if we have that same motor. Also current Config. file.

Regsards

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - colterHD - 08-10-2020

(08-09-2020, 11:19 AM)dffab Wrote: Hello,

I am right in the middle of this very thing for the same application. I have had a guy do the Delete to my stock CAL file but i still have 6 codes that i need programmed out. I have swapped out the VGT turbo and removed all the EGR stuff in hopes to have a better running RV. 

You can PM me any questions. Maybe post your ECM SN and CPL to see if we have that same motor. Also current Config. file.

Regsards
removing your VGT and having a better running engine do not go hand in hand,

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - dffab - 08-11-2020

(08-10-2020, 10:34 AM)colterHD Wrote:

Regsards
removing your VGT and having a better running engine do not go hand in hand,

We will have to agree to disagree. The early years of the VGT I my opinion were a poor design in regards to the electronics. I wont disagree that when they work they work well, however with repair costs associated with the HE341ve are such that Id rather loose the exhaust brake( not that it works well at all slowing down 32k lbs) and revert back to the tried and true Hx turbo that Cummins ran for almost 18years. Mechanical with minimal issues. I have an 09 Cummins with a HE351ve which is a much better design but in the early stages of 07 Cummins had a lot of issues with those as well. Build up on the Vanes lead to 3 turbo replacements on my truck alone. VGT and EGR do not work together at all. I think we can agree that choking down a Diesel with EGR not only hurts the motor but decreases fuel mileage therefore burning more fuel. I dont understand how they dont see that.
Regards

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - moon monkey - 09-07-2020

Regsards
I've never messed around with the 850 but I'd be glad to look at your file if you'd post it.

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - IceXN - 09-09-2020

See if this has what you need

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - dffab - 09-29-2020

Thanks for the Link. I had another forum member that was able to make me a Cal file 06050011.

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - moon monkey - 10-09-2020

(09-29-2020, 11:53 PM)dffab Wrote: Thanks for the Link. I had another forum member that was able to make me a Cal file 06050011.

How did you end up flashing the file? Did you convert to an incal and use insite? I just happen to get a cm850 in here that wants the egr gone, but I tried using Calterm and it gives me an error after attempting to flash, and kicks it into romboot. Luckily its easy to get it out of romboot with calterm.

RE: Looking for ECFG and screen file for CM850 5.9L EC2 - IceXN - 11-26-2020

Just FYI
Usally VGT engine have different gear ratio's so the engine will run lower rpm while at speed vs non-vgt, so in theory if you just swap vgt to wastegated turbo you will more than likley never be in the "power range" of the wastgated turbo
vgt turbo's will build boost at alot lower rpm