Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compress for incal
Hello, can somebody point me in the right direction. i changed the torque table with c@lterm from a file from incal disk but cant get it zipped back up to work with insite . I'm using 7zip , i extract the file , adjust with c@lterm, save the file take that file and add to 7zip then change the extension and put back in the incal folder. Its starts to flash the ecm then says unreconised file from insite... Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance..
(05-04-2018, 05:23 PM)T-MAN Wrote: Hello, can somebody point me in the right direction. i changed the torque table with c@lterm from a file from incal disk but cant get it zipped back up to work with insite . I'm using 7zip , i extract the file , adjust with c@lterm, save the file take that file and add to 7zip then change the extension and put back in the incal folder. Its starts to flash the ecm then says unreconised file from insite... Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance..

You need use Pzip 2.0 or up 

And use same password you use to unpack it
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MaxTune for this post:
  • T-MAN
why are you changing ext. could be your problem, I use winrar drag file out of archive (after entering password) to desktop, edit that with cal .... when done drag file back into original archive and save, works for me, also make sure your for example ‘parent’ files have the right ‘date’ and are competible with the insite you are using, there is sw available to convert newer in cal disks to work with older insite and also keep the dates fresh so expiry is kept at bay
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • ghostman, T-MAN
I will try both of the above, I change the extension because its .zip file to .enf so insite recognizes them but I cant add password with 7zip. ill give it another try though. Thank you..
Ok say you copy or drag a raw incal file off of an incal disk, At this point you have a for example say Bac. File which is for a cm871 isx, so you can use 7zip or winrar to open archive, I drag file out, if it asks for a password put in appropriate password, you will edit the file you dragged out but notice it still appears like there is still a fresh copy in the archive, ignore this, make your changes to file you dragged out, save changes, drag your edited file back into archive, save changes, you will still have a copy of your edited file out of archive, at this point you can delete this copy since you already dragged it back into archive and saved changes, if dates are current and password works with insite this should work every time
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • ghostman
ive done this and ran into this issue. pass is simple, can you post you cal so i can check something? i think i know whats wrong
Any easy way to make overlay files? I seen Matlab but I can't get it to install