Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MM2
(02-17-2018, 12:40 PM)MaraJin Wrote: Some very good words spoken here. Here are my thoughts...

I doubt Rawze himself will post on these subjects with his own nickname with too much details in the public view these days. It has been said that his name, videos, and who he is is just too exposed and open for that kind of direct stuff. Helping people on his own forum with trucks is more important than details of tuning talk.

I have followed along since the beginning with all this stuff before it was even called "mm". I remember when guys stole his articles and re-posted them on DK. I remember him being asked to join mhh by his friends back when it was a great place to hang out. I remember him being ridiculed by others way back then and told that Caltrm could not even do the things he was doing with it.

This stuff happened Long before those sites became nothing but corrupt shit-holes filled with greed and self-proclaimed 'tuning gods'. Hopefully this new site here will not suffer the same fate of greed and will be more open in its information sharing. Time will tell.

I even remember back in 2012/2013 when he released the first bits of info on places like DK and a few other document sites. The guys first notes on it that he shared can still be found because others copied it and called it their own delete. The very first postings by him can still be found in its original context if someone does a google search of

--= digital-kaos "I am by no means an expert on this Calterm software" =---

Some guy named 'psoler' re-posted it on DK and copied it word for word but removed the authors name from it. Reading the thread/posts down further even back then, the author did not mind that others were copying his work.

~ guy has never claimed to be an expert. Still does not to this day, but certainly knows far more than he puts out on the Internet for others to use.

~ guy said back in those days that everything he did came by tinkering with his own stuff for (quote)-"the purpose of engine exploration and the pursuit of the almighty MPG".

I re-read that old post and article just now and it seems clear to me that the guy had pretty much mastered Ct, ecfg's, and such more than 5+ years ago. Things like editing the xml for better access and things. This stuff has all moved forward by leaps and bounds since then and the guy has been on the leading fore-front knowledge-wise on ecm tuning ever since.

Back then though, it is obvious now that he did not know very much about injection timing other than to say roughly that some books he read said +12 to +14 is too much and that +8 is max you can push an isx if you don't want to make power. Obviously that info is out-dated and kind of incorrect at high hp. Most decent tuners should know this these days and for those who have followed the MM work closely knows that is why it is always evolving and having updates as the info gets better and better. The guy was clearly looking for max mpg back then and not more power and there is some serious mpg gains when you do it that way for those who wanted mpg over power.

I know he went to, or talked extensively, with all the big name places like PP, PDI, etc. over the last few years and talked to the guys at DS and Jball and many other shops at one time or another offering to work with them and help them get better at what they were making. Maybe he did not have all the answers but even his earliest work was a far cry better than what any one else was doing at that time.

In return for offering to help others with tuning though, he has only mostly ever gotten spit on, ridiculed, made fun of, shot down, fake stories made up about him and the things he has done, his work stolen, and all the other bad things that others do when they hide behind a computer screen.

None of that stops him though because he genuinely is just trying to help others + share information openly. I have never seen the guy ask for anything in return. Not money, not fame, not anything, and he does not even do the stuff himself for a living, so there is nothing in it for him. His loyalty is in the guy who owns the equipment and he will tell you this real fast.

He used to post a lot of articles about tuning and engine modes and stuff long before anyone even knew what a "chi-mode" even was. All those old articles and posts have been deleted by all those sites and greedy bastards who want to hide that information so they can sell it instead.

The irony in all this discussions is that All these guys who hate and dispute that work and his efforts to help others, every one of the critics, have used the very info or articles that was mostly written by him at some point along the way in their stuff. I also find it very ironic that every single one of those same "harsh critics" own work is far worse too. This points directly to a lashing out by those who don't know the answers to this stuff themselves and then go about bashing others simply to cover it up. It only makes them look unprofessional and bad with all their exaggerated bragging and false claims against it.

Not trying to toot any horns here. I have seen my share of mistakes, trials and tribulations both good and not-so-good in what he does and the ideas he presents to others. I know one thing though. That is the fact that you can put anyone in a room with him that is not pig-headed towards themselves, even the manufacturer, and he will walk circles around what they know, humbling them in a hurry. He will be the first to tell you that he does not have all the answers though too. All this stuff and all these new engine designs are so new, even the manufacturer has trouble figuring them out.

Go find and ask anyone you like who has met him face to face in person and spent a day or so over at his place. They will say these same things but it is not because he wants to show anyone up. The guy just has a deep passion and understanding for the stuff. He simply likes to share it with others openly and freely to better what we all do out here, even if it is someone who does not like him so much.

Anyone who would dare to discredit what he stands for and the open, free help he offers for both the trucking and tuning community alike is someone who is closed minded and simply arrogant. Does the guy have all the answers?- Nope! No one ever does, but he has a lot to contribute that is far ahead of most, and offers to share it freely even for those who disagree as long as they are willing to be open minded about it.

That is my own opinions only, I am sure that not everyone has the same viewpoint. I say, let a mans actions and willingness to improve themselves, what they do, and to help those around them define who they are. This is what counts in my book, everything else is BS.

I heard rumor that Zynot went over to his house for a couple days recently and asked about several of the settings found in the latest version of the 2250 and 2350 mm tune. Would be interested in finding out his thoughts on it good, bad or otherwise.

Cummins is too busy auto generating specifications using Matlab, Simulink, and MotoHawk MotoTune. They don't know what half of the parameters do. User zynot on this forum has a full cummins dump of these applications and their scripts. You can then see how Cummins puts these calibrations together. Good info nonetheless.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Rocinante for this post:
  • cumapart, sp33d
When a guy drives the truck every day and you start with a good demandate (might not be perfect) but I can tell you it is possible to tune them in so there is no vibration (talked bout cm2250 here based on Africa), Africa is a good ball park demandate, but I definitely custom tuned some parameters to get it just perfect for my trucks?, I consider it a decent starting point but I disagree with some pilot injection settings that make the engine smoke and run a little louder on cold start, easily fixed, just put those back to stock, also the c_cbr_alpha_chi_ Parameter is not included in the overlay meaning it is still set to 0, I prefer to set it to 4 as well, (no mode jumping), timing in it is set pretty close to run without egr and a slightly tweaked hpcr tables settings but I found it still slightly to much under 1/4 to 3/4 fueling when running the big cm2250 cpl, came up with my own timing tables, there is no vibration at 560 1850 torque, it is of my opinion that the isx is not really built strong enough to handle 2050 torque at low rpms for extended periods of time,
I don’t pretend to know what I am talking about all I know is the engines run better with the changes I made to them, they are my trucks and I feel they are safer and more stable with what I have done, like I said I drive the trucks so therefore I have a pretty good idea what seems safe and what doesn’t, we can argue all day, at the end you tune em your way and be happy with what you did, I called out a few obvious things that I couldn’t live with in the original, if you think it’s best that way fine, but I can more then justify The changes I made, and I have a few drivers to vouch for that, however at the end of the day I still give all the credit to the original Africa and mm2 creator, but I am not backing up one bit on my changes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • MaraJin
Not trying to bud in here but keeping the engine locked in CHI4 is not good. You need warmup modes, cylinder balance modes, oil protection modes, and high altitude when oxygen levels are lower. Looking over Africa I didn’t see warmup modes disabled which in my opinion means it’s done correctly.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • MaraJin
(03-21-2018, 10:47 AM)Lucifer Wrote: Not trying to bud in here but keeping the engine locked in CHI4 is not good. You need warmup modes, cylinder balance modes, oil protection modes, and high altitude when oxygen levels are lower. Looking over Africa I didn’t see warmup modes disabled which in my opinion means it’s done correctly.

I leave 98 percent off Africa untouched there are a couple things I change but that is about it,
(02-17-2018, 12:40 PM)Rawze is a pretty good guy. I have meet with him before, he has also save me from the mercy of a tow truck. I have learn a lot over the years of following him.... Would I have especially learn is do right the first time or don\t do at all. Make sure dial everything with in spec-no short cuts. MaraJin Wrote: Some very good words spoken here. Here are my thoughts...

I doubt Rawze himself will post on these subjects with his own nickname with too much details in the public view these days. It has been said that his name, videos, and who he is is just too exposed and open for that kind of direct stuff. Helping people on his own forum with trucks is more important than details of tuning talk.

I have followed along since the beginning with all this stuff before it was even called "mm". I remember when guys stole his articles and re-posted them on DK. I remember him being asked to join mhh by his friends back when it was a great place to hang out. I remember him being ridiculed by others way back then and told that Caltrm could not even do the things he was doing with it.

This stuff happened Long before those sites became nothing but corrupt shit-holes filled with greed and self-proclaimed 'tuning gods'. Hopefully this new site here will not suffer the same fate of greed and will be more open in its information sharing. Time will tell.

I even remember back in 2012/2013 when he released the first bits of info on places like DK and a few other document sites. The guys first notes on it that he shared can still be found because others copied it and called it their own delete. The very first postings by him can still be found in its original context if someone does a google search of

--= digital-kaos "I am by no means an expert on this Calterm software" =---

Some guy named 'psoler' re-posted it on DK and copied it word for word but removed the authors name from it. Reading the thread/posts down further even back then, the author did not mind that others were copying his work.

~ guy has never claimed to be an expert. Still does not to this day, but certainly knows far more than he puts out on the Internet for others to use.

~ guy said back in those days that everything he did came by tinkering with his own stuff for (quote)-"the purpose of engine exploration and the pursuit of the almighty MPG".

I re-read that old post and article just now and it seems clear to me that the guy had pretty much mastered Ct, ecfg's, and such more than 5+ years ago. Things like editing the xml for better access and things. This stuff has all moved forward by leaps and bounds since then and the guy has been on the leading fore-front knowledge-wise on ecm tuning ever since.

Back then though, it is obvious now that he did not know very much about injection timing other than to say roughly that some books he read said +12 to +14 is too much and that +8 is max you can push an isx if you don't want to make power. Obviously that info is out-dated and kind of incorrect at high hp. Most decent tuners should know this these days and for those who have followed the MM work closely knows that is why it is always evolving and having updates as the info gets better and better. The guy was clearly looking for max mpg back then and not more power and there is some serious mpg gains when you do it that way for those who wanted mpg over power.

I know he went to, or talked extensively, with all the big name places like PP, PDI, etc. over the last few years and talked to the guys at DS and Jball and many other shops at one time or another offering to work with them and help them get better at what they were making. Maybe he did not have all the answers but even his earliest work was a far cry better than what any one else was doing at that time.

In return for offering to help others with tuning though, he has only mostly ever gotten spit on, ridiculed, made fun of, shot down, fake stories made up about him and the things he has done, his work stolen, and all the other bad things that others do when they hide behind a computer screen.

None of that stops him though because he genuinely is just trying to help others + share information openly. I have never seen the guy ask for anything in return. Not money, not fame, not anything, and he does not even do the stuff himself for a living, so there is nothing in it for him. His loyalty is in the guy who owns the equipment and he will tell you this real fast.

He used to post a lot of articles about tuning and engine modes and stuff long before anyone even knew what a "chi-mode" even was. All those old articles and posts have been deleted by all those sites and greedy bastards who want to hide that information so they can sell it instead.

The irony in all this discussions is that All these guys who hate and dispute that work and his efforts to help others, every one of the critics, have used the very info or articles that was mostly written by him at some point along the way in their stuff. I also find it very ironic that every single one of those same "harsh critics" own work is far worse too. This points directly to a lashing out by those who don't know the answers to this stuff themselves and then go about bashing others simply to cover it up. It only makes them look unprofessional and bad with all their exaggerated bragging and false claims against it.

Not trying to toot any horns here. I have seen my share of mistakes, trials and tribulations both good and not-so-good in what he does and the ideas he presents to others. I know one thing though. That is the fact that you can put anyone in a room with him that is not pig-headed towards themselves, even the manufacturer, and he will walk circles around what they know, humbling them in a hurry. He will be the first to tell you that he does not have all the answers though too. All this stuff and all these new engine designs are so new, even the manufacturer has trouble figuring them out.

Go find and ask anyone you like who has met him face to face in person and spent a day or so over at his place. They will say these same things but it is not because he wants to show anyone up. The guy just has a deep passion and understanding for the stuff. He simply likes to share it with others openly and freely to better what we all do out here, even if it is someone who does not like him so much.

Anyone who would dare to discredit what he stands for and the open, free help he offers for both the trucking and tuning community alike is someone who is closed minded and simply arrogant. Does the guy have all the answers?- Nope! No one ever does, but he has a lot to contribute that is far ahead of most, and offers to share it freely even for those who disagree as long as they are willing to be open minded about it.

That is my own opinions only, I am sure that not everyone has the same viewpoint. I say, let a mans actions and willingness to improve themselves, what they do, and to help those around them define who they are. This is what counts in my book, everything else is BS.

I heard rumor that Zynot went over to his house for a couple days recently and asked about several of the settings found in the latest version of the 2250 and 2350 mm tune. Would be interested in finding out his thoughts on it good, bad or otherwise.
Like I said before, the guy who I think is the best tuner overall, (on the Cummins Isx15) based on quality of his work and the information he shares with others, I don’t think many would disagree, hint, I think he’s got his own form, heck that’s what inspired me to want to know how all that stuff works, I might have small differences in the way I think certain settings should be but it’s still heads and tails the best available, and I’m sure a lot copyed of off his work and claimed as thier own, all I can say is this, people aren’t stupid, they know the difference from a wannabe to the original creator
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • MaraJin
Hi Guys
I remember coming across rawze milk money write up for cm870 back in 2013 ish I did trial runs on a few engines for the owner of the transport company i was working for at the time in western Australia with road trains operating @ 173 ton
The DPF & EGR CM871 engines saw the biggest gains using 150-200 litres less on the same run. (200 being dpf engines with issues) these trucks in a western star tri drive went from 800-850 - 650-680 liters per trip

EGR only CM871 engines with a delete seen improvement from 700-750 to 600-650 in twin drive and 650-680 in tri drive all mack titans twin drive included.

Another point of interest found when doing this was that cummins calibrations destined for the mexican market where far more fuel efficient than what was destined for Australia.

Before doing this experiment i collected all the fuel data from all the trucks and found out the owner had paid chumpys diesel in perth to tune one truck so i looked through the data and found that two trucks where using less fuel than the rest. (after i got access to calterm this engine was found to be advanced 6deg and the turbo map had been modified.  the injector orings where burnt out after 300ohrs and it began running on, after i replaced o-rings and started it it also knocked a fair bit while cold which is when i changed it to the early rawze delete.)
The one that had tuning done to it was still on average using 50-60 litres more than the one that had the incorrect calibration loaded into it by the dealer upon commissioning the engine which had the mexican cal in it. 
the mexican cal was only using 20-30 litres more than the deletes i done later down the line as i left it be seeing as fuel savings was what we were chasing.

If the drivers didnt take care to ensure EGTs didnt get too high from lugging the engine down in RPM while hill climbing we did see turbo and cylinder head failures from the resultant heat that would build up.

Thats just my experience, but after reading through everyone else's comments and reading that milk money has been updated, does anyone have links to the updated material? I would quite like to check out the updated version.
Does it include CM2250 BDG now? as my father owns a few of them and one of them is giving some SCR related trouble that i could do with a read up on.