Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MBE programming question
can you make changes as far as turning things on and off or set input settings
Just install DDDL8.06 or 07 and it installs and activates with DDDL8 and works perfect, but as for coolant level, i dont think you can change that with mbe reprog tool....
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to kamiar for this post:
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY, Lucifer, Rocinante
do you know if anything or anyone can block the code. Can not find problem all wiring good. Maybe something in cab controller and have no way of looking at it
(05-03-2018, 06:03 PM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: do you know if anything or anyone can block the code. Can not find problem all wiring good. Maybe something in cab controller and have no way of looking at it

I thought the cab controller controlled those sensors on the older models.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • ISXCUMMINSGUY, Rocinante
yes but then it sends a signal to the ECM... The ECM is not receiving signal from cab controller. All wiring is ok. So either cab controller messing up or ecm...When you unplug it it does change to open circuit .. the code is for low coolant. Installed new sensor still same. Customer had to use truck so we let it go for now will have it in here another weekend and see what we can do....
(05-07-2018, 09:39 AM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: yes but then it sends a signal to the ECM... The ECM is not receiving signal from cab controller. All wiring is ok. So either cab controller messing up or ecm...When you unplug it it does change to open circuit .. the code is for low coolant. Installed new sensor still same. Customer had to use truck so we let it go for now will have it in here another weekend and see what we can do....

If fault changes then it's relaying data and power. What type of sensor is installed? Is it installed upside down?
Its a coolant level sensor that screws in. With a 2 wire plug.... Ground one side and volts on other side.
(05-09-2018, 10:19 AM)ISXCUMMINSGUY Wrote: Its a coolant level sensor that screws in. With a 2 wire plug.... Ground one side and volts on other side.

Hmmmmmm. I’m trying to see how SAE fault of low coolant would show when it’s receiving data and power. This is a first I’ve heard of it. Usually a bad sensor would cause it but you said you replaced it already.
OP, did you ever get this solved?
never did...