Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How good are you at tuning
I just thought this was a good topic to come up with, I know there’s beginners (I am most likely one of those, but I think custom tuning is pretty cool and I know a couple well let’s just say well established tuners, be it demandate in a country that that is acceptable that is,but it has always intrigued me to tinker and Ajust around, (as if the factory doesn’t know what thier doing) lol all in the name of emissions, Cummins is probably the easiest to tune or completely mess up, i am on the cumapart bandwagon myself but I know they have their issues as well, some guys like timing to much and with these newer commenrail one cannot getaway with the crazy timing advance of yesterday
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cumapart for this post:
  • Lucifer
I mess around with some Volvo’s. PTT, VISFEED & WinOLS. I’m no pro tho
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bi0haZarD for this post:
  • cumapart
Dude, I wouldn’t dream of fooling with a VOLVO, lol
(01-08-2018, 02:17 AM)cumapart Wrote: I just thought this was a good topic to come up with, I know there’s beginners (I am most likely one of those, but I think custom tuning is pretty cool and I know a couple well let’s just say well established tuners, be it demandate in a country that that is acceptable that is,but it has always intrigued me to tinker and Ajust around, (as if the factory doesn’t know what thier doing) lol all in the name of emissions, Cummins is probably the easiest to tune or completely mess up, i am on the cumapart bandwagon myself but I know they have their issues as well, some guys like timing to much and with these newer commenrail one cannot getaway with the crazy timing advance of yesterday

You got that right! I’ll never understand why people  have some crazy timing modifications. Older versions of MM2 for CM2250 are a perfect example. Timing is so jacked I couldn’t believe my eyes. Then the South Africa guys came in took over the CM2250 and I’ve seen at least three forked versions of it. I’ve seen too many shops throwing random overlays at random CPLs. *bangs head on wall*
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lucifer for this post:
  • cumapart
You seem like you know your tuning on these, I know you probably don’t wanna give away your secrets in the open on how to tune them just right but I always like to hear every individual’s theory on engine operation and then deside for myself what I prefer, nothing fairer then that
I'm trying to get into this more seems like a growing thing.
Big Grin 
(01-08-2018, 02:44 AM)Lucifer Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 02:17 AM)cumapart Wrote: I just thought this was a good topic to come up with, I know there’s beginners (I am most likely one of those, but I think custom tuning is pretty cool and I know a couple well let’s just say well established tuners, be it demandate in a country that that is acceptable that is,but it has always intrigued me to tinker and Ajust around, (as if the factory doesn’t know what thier doing) lol all in the name of emissions, Cummins is probably the easiest to tune or completely mess up, i am on the cumapart bandwagon myself but I know they have their issues as well, some guys like timing to much and with these newer commenrail one cannot getaway with the crazy timing advance of yesterday

You got that right! I’ll never understand why people  have some crazy timing modifications. Older versions of MM2 for CM2250 are a perfect example. Timing is so jacked I couldn’t believe my eyes. Then the South Africa guys came in took over the CM2250 and I’ve seen at least three forked versions of it. I’ve seen too many shops throwing random overlays at random CPLs. *bangs head on wall*

You should see the one I just repaired. Truck dropped a few valves while engine braking,was "tuned" by a well known company in my area. I had a suspicion it was tunning related, sure enough vgt braking tables were set to 100% across the ENTIRE Rpm range. I guess that was their solution to weak engine braking after disabling the vgt charger   Big Grin