Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
insite/incal
Hello, have a couple question for you guys, hoping you can help me out...

I tried hooking up to a 2018 x15 for an uprate and I couldn't connect. Im running 7.6 sp5 with elias modified insite program. It lets me see the files for the x15 but the truck wont connect. What version insite do I need and where can I get a working copy?

Another question, I just downloaded the latest incal, seems the password changed from nd** or oc** does anybody have the new pass?

Then my last question, if I get the new files unlocked (2/19) will  the ecfg's that are out there work with these files or will I need all new config files?

Not many 18s come my way, but I have noticed that my 7.6 hooked to a 2016 and some 2017 wont identify all trouble codes and there's some that I cant clear out. Haven't had a problem flashing them though. The 2017 was a 6.7 in a freightliner. What are most of you guys using? 

look forward to the replies, Thanks guys....
(02-02-2019, 07:22 PM)T-MAN Wrote: Hello, have a couple question for you guys, hoping you can help me out...

I tried hooking up to a 2018 x15 for an uprate and I couldn't connect. Im running 7.6 sp5 with elias modified insite program. It lets me see the files for the x15 but the truck wont connect. What version insite do I need and where can I get a working copy?

Another question, I just downloaded the latest incal, seems the password changed from nd** or oc** does anybody have the new pass?

Then my last question, if I get the new files unlocked (2/19) will  the ecfg's that are out there work with these files or will I need all new config files?

Not many 18s come my way, but I have noticed that my 7.6 hooked to a 2016 and some 2017 wont identify all trouble codes and there's some that I cant clear out. Haven't had a problem flashing them though. The 2017 was a 6.7 in a freightliner. What are most of you guys using? 

look forward to the replies, Thanks guys....

You need newer version of INSITE in order to connect to some X15's. In testing I was able to connect/program/reset X15s if they were 2017 engines with 2018 chassis. 

Newer password is a longer one of random characters and has changed a few times as Cummins has brought new discs out. If you are looking to repack them my repacker will work for even the latest files. 

As for X15's that will work with 7.6, you would need to update FIS & PMD data so that you can see all the fault codes and descriptions when connecting to them. You can pull this data from newer versions of INSITE. 

I use INSITE 8.5.1 right now and works well but has problems with older trucks and wants to forcibly update ECM software which can be a problem if a truck is running a custom calibration.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • Chamberpains, igor-75, T-MAN
I was wondering when cummins was going to try to force updates. kinda like what esa does on the paccar side. wonder if I should set up another computer with the newer 8.3 insite as my older computer does the job 90% of the time. pm sent thank you for the reply

Was also wondering if they were going to build something into the newer files that we cant over right wither older cals..
Does 8.4 force updates
(02-02-2019, 11:09 PM)Python12456 Wrote: Does 8.4 force updates

Yes.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • Python12456
Well I guess I’m staying at 8.3. Thanks. Pm me when you can activate Thanks