Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Overlay Files
Can someone point me in the right direction on how to make overlays from screenfiles?  Very intersted in learning to do this so i can make some tests

Thanks
Frankie
I've made overlays before but for the life of me cannot recall how.

Nevertheless Looking at calterm though it looks like you can save screenfiles in XML format. I would set up your screenfile for the overlay inside a cal, in other words open up your calibration, open all parameters you wish to change, make your changes. Save screen file as XML. Open an unmodified calibration and use the screen file you just created in the overlay tool, run a compare afterwards to ensure it made the changes you wanted
You can't make an overlay from a screen file. At least, not directly. You have to have those set on a temp calibration file and then export to create an overlay from those set parameters. You also need to make a filter file so that you only include parameters that you want in the overlay, otherwise it will export every single parameter and it's value out of a calibration which will destroy any other engine you flash it to.

I don't even use Calterm to create overlays. I use Cummins MFG Tools Suite w/MATLAB and Simulink. They're not publicly found and not many have them.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to zyNoT for this post:
  • Brock, Cyrex1337
I actually a test one via taking a properly done file and then exporting the proper parameters.  Regardless im still in the very early stages of learning all this stuff and work with a really good guy who does the majority of my work.  

Thanks
Frankie
(01-28-2019, 04:51 PM)fazooley Wrote: I actually a test one via taking a properly done file and then exporting the proper parameters.  Regardless im still in the very early stages of learning all this stuff and work with a really good guy ho does the majority of my work.  

Thanks
Frankie

when you work out how to do it can you let us know?

y