Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALTERM ECU LOCKING
Hello all,

I am curious if there is a way I can lock the Cummins ISX ECU's so they cannot be read through Calterm.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you
Even if you use Dimsport to lock an ECM like PDI does, you can still read the file, but are unable to save it. If someone is competent enough to pull a file, compare it, edit a cal to basically copy it, they are probably already creating their own files. Now if they are pulling your file to shove into another truck, well they deserve what’s coming to them. Do this on a common rail and it won’t live long.
There isn't much special about using the digital signature built-in protection. This by itself will prevent modifications to any of the specified code blocks. It will also prevent pulling the file with engineering tools. 

There are other ways to prevent pulling the file. For example, you could change the byte size of "footprint" space to a smaller size. This will cause engineering tools to fail during pulling a file.

However, the best way is to just use the built-in digital signature protection. The table sets the signature itself for the private key along with the code blocks that are protected. You can set ALL code blocks protected which will prevent any tool from connecting or modifying.
If I helped in any way, please give THANKS + REP!

Cummins INSITE 8.x+Fleet Cals, Password Resets
Cummins Calterm 5.12.1
Calterm Master Tool v9.4
Cummins INCAL Tool v7.0
CNH 9.2 Dealer or Engineering
Wabco 13.6 Engineering
DDDL 8.19 - Levels 10/10/10
CAT ET 2023A + Perkins 2023A + FPKG/AutoGen
SR 4.11 Engineering
Bendix ACOM Pro 2023
Allison DOC 2023
JPRO 2023
Remote Tuning for all Cummins engines. PM for Quote.