Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Ford Explore PITA
Hello everyone, I have an annoying Explorer I have been trying to help my uncle with. I am only a diesel Technician and have rarely messed with personal vehicle gassers with the exception of my own vehicles. I am pretty decent at figuring stuff out but not this time. The issue it is having is the turn signals, headlights, high beams work but do not show the indicator on the cluster. However when I perform a cluster test they all illuminate. It is throwing numerous communication codes between the PCM BCM IC etc. I tried to flash the PCM but it kept popping up are error message saying the PCM failed to perform a service function then instructs me to perform programming. Ive checked over the majority of wires I could find but still nothing wrong. 
If any one could help out Id be willing to share a small reward. Any ideas ZEZ?

Update: New Instrument Cluster fixed this issue. I thought it may fix it it but was unsure so I just bit the bullet and went for it.
I just saw this now, but I was going to add a lot of the issues I see with these around 05 to 08 was the cluster themselves. Typically the one with the display in the center that will change from green to red depending on the message it's showing. They are quite problematic in my opinion.